Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lips

I've been long awaiting the arrival of these, and after seeing they'd finally been released I had to get them!  There are 8 shades in total from wearable day shades to glam night out ones I decided to get shades Frambourjoise - a rose coloured shade slightly red, slightly pink & Ole Flamingo - a hot pink.  I was slightly unsure about Frambourjoise as I didn't know whether it'd be too light. I was wrong, its amazing! Personally I have only seen 6 shades as this was all Superdrug stocked, but the shades I saw were very pigmented!

Left is Frambourjoise and right is Ole flamingo!





So what is so great about velvet lipstick I hear you ask?

With its doe foot applicator don't be fooled in to thinking its a lipgloss, because its actually a liquid lipstick! The product comes out shiny but dries matte, you have to wait a minute for it to turn matte. I don't know why it's in liquid form but I have always found with matte lipsticks that I have to apply them with a lip brush and they don't slick on well. (This may just be me! haha)
Bourjois say they will last all day long (literally 24 hours!), I check my lipstick regularly as I'm one of these people who seem to get lipstick everywhere but with this it almost seems silly to check as it just doesn't budge, I wore Flambourjoise all day, drank lots of tea, did a whole lotta talking and then went out clubbing and it was still a mission to get off!

The product itself actually feels quite light and it doesn't feel uncomfortable to wear, its build able which is great to intensify the colour and create a deeper finish.
I've found this product doesn't really dry my lips out compared to other products, which is a bonus as matte lipsticks are sometimes a problem for me. Overall this is an amazing collection. I have been quite dubious about trying the new Velvet Lip trend which is going down a storm in the beauty world but I'm glad I took the plunge with Bourjois. All the swatches I've done with other brands haven't as nearly been as exciting as these ones!
I'm so pleased with these products and I'm probably going to hot foot it down to town to grab more of the range! I would suggest you do too. 

What other velvet lips products have your tried and what is your favourite?

The Rouge Edition Velvet Lips retail at £8.99 in both Boots and Superdrug.

Until next time!
Rosie 
xx








Comments

  1. I nominated the Dizzy Brunette over on my blog: whysostunning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Instagram 2015 best nine

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Holiday Outfits Part 1