Brighton Blog Meet

Last Saturday I went to my first blog meet at The Globe in Brighton which was organised by Laura from Lolaandbehold. I was literally questioning my life when I got off the train at Brighton and was in two minds whether to turn back. However, I decided to tell myself not to be a wimp.

It was great to finally meet bloggers who I follow on social media channels and bloglovin'! And it was really cool to meet the person behind the blog. I also met a lot of new faces and blogs which I am excited to follow and engage with.

There was an ice breaker to begin with, which was fun, although I kind of failed as I didn't have a pen. So my ice breaker was literally 'I don't have a pen can I borrow yours to write your blog name down.'

As well as 30ish bloggers were 3 brands; Homage, Snact, and Pure potions. All of which were super interesting. Homage is a Brighton based home store who stock everything you would need to make your home gorgeous, with vibes from Europe, The UK and further afield. Homage also stock soaps and skin care. I loved their stall at the event, especially the Tin Cups which made me feel like I would be off on a camping trip. Liza who owns Homage is also so passionate and engaged about her brand and products which is really refreshing! If you're in the Seven dials Area of Brighton I would highly recommend a visit!


Snact. are food brand who sell fruit jerky and oh my god it is so good, I tried two different flavours, Apple and Raspberry (personal fav!) and Apple and  Mango. They have a great history, starting off by collecting Surplus fruit at London Wholesale markets, and made them in a kitchen in Hackney, from there they sold at markets and events. They took Snact. to the next level by using a Crowd Funder, now they are making lots and lots of this lovely fruit jerky, I love it! If anyone has tried School Bars they are kind of like that.. sort of?! You can buy the Jerky online here, and selected stockists in London (list here).





Purepotions, I love skincare brands which are about using natural products, I think (personally) a lot more time, effort and love go into these kind of products because the amount of testing you have to do to get the product correct is astonishing. And then you have to really show people the benefits of natural products. Purepotions was set up by Natalie Balmond when her daughter suffered from chronic eczema, nothing seemed to work, so Natalie set off on a mission to find something which would work, now the company have an a large baby range and moisturisers for sensitive skin!




There was also raffle with really cool prizes including; a Kate Spade candle, the green people skincare set, American sweets and lots more, sadly I didn't win anything but it was still fun to watch people stuff! The money went to Grassroots Suicide Prevention and we managed to raise £100!

Goodie bags



Homage were kind enough to give us all a goodie bag the contents included a note book, which i will using to document my recent trip to Nice. Meraki face wipes and Lip balm and two little carry pouches.

The Large goodie bag was so heavy! I felt like I was doing a gym work out when I walked back up to the train station with it in my hand, it cut off the blood to my fingers... not a pretty sight.

In this contained;

Food and Drink



Life tonics - hydration packed with coconut water and natural fruit extracts.
Ufit Protein Drinks - 22g of protein, rich in calcium and added vitamins.
Funkin Cocktail mixers  - Just Add alcohol!
Metcalfe's Skinny popcorn - Cinnamon flavour popcorn, but they do a whole load of other flavours!
Tasty Little Numbers - 100 calorie snacks, including biscuits and chocolate dusted blueberries
Snact.  - Fruit jerky to die for.
Esthechoc - Chocolate to give you radiant looking skin! (give me it all. now!)
Collagen Drink  - contains added collagen, Vit C, Natural green tea extract and a great source of protein.

Beauty and Hair



Anatomicals face masks (here) mattifying face mask and a deep cleansing mask, which both look lush!
Beegood - Eye cream which will brighten and lift
Bio-oil - An oil which helps to improve appearance of stretch marks, scar and dry skin.
Body Fantasies - Pink vanilla body spray
chill*  - leave in treatment spray
Green People - Exfoliator, sample sized shampoo, conditioner and night cream.
 Minty Coco - Coconut oil helps to get rid of bacteria in the mouth, improving breath and helps to whiten teeth.
Moogoo - 'How Now Brown Cow' Gradual tanning cream for the face and body, with natural ingredients.


Lifestyle


Wick Hove - Lempi candle which is lovely blend of Rose and Strawberries, Garden Peony and Oak Moss.





Stigu  - a personal planner that Im so happy to have, as I've seen these floating around on social media for sometime! Im excited to use this planner! This planner is a to-do pad, and an organiser with a theme for every month and weekly practises to stick to!

The whole day was fun and I throughly enjoyed my self, if you went to the Brighton Blog Meet leave me a link to your blogpost so I can have a nosy and if I'm not already following you drop me a Tweet so we can connect!

Rosie 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Outfits Part 1

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine