Benefit | Dew the Hoola | Review

A liquid bronzer I hear you say? Now liquid bronzes aren't necessarily new too the beauty halls, but they are certainly becoming more popular, I've noticed lots of brands coming out with bronzing liquids. I decided to hop on the bandwagon and see whether a liquid bronzes was as scary/strange as I first thought. Having fallen in love with Benefits matte bronzer; Hoola I decided to give Benefit's Dew the Hoola a go.


I did have this tried out at a counter before I purchased this, and I liked that it seemed like quite a versatile product, the girl demoing the product literally mixed it in to a foundation. Which I kind of liked, if I'm a rush it's nice to know I could potentially mix this product in to my foundation. 

However if I have lots of time, I have been putting this on separately. I have applied this all over my face followed by my foundation, which I love doing. I also love using this as a base contour followed by my foundation, and then topped up with my powder Hoola. This is great for nights out. When contouring I use a real techniques contour brush to keep everything neat and tidy! 



Something which I think is great is sun stripping which I found on the Benefit blog, you literally line across from one cheek bone over your nose to the other cheek bone. Again I use this under my foundation. I just prefer it this way, as it gives a nice natural glow. I am still as pale as a sheet so I think popping it over my foundation may make me look a little too bronzed.

You can obviously apply this where the sun would normally hit your face such as your nose, cheeks, forehead, which I do occasionally do. However I am totally loving the sun strip idea! 



I do love the packaging of the Dew the Hoola, it's a handy pump bottle which deposits enough to cover the whole face. The bottle does seem quite small but it is a 30ml which I was surprised about as I thought there was less in there. I also love that this is a matte formula, as I personally find it really hard to find matte bronzers.


Have you tried a liquid bronzer? If so let me know your thoughts! 
Rosie


If you liked this post why not check out Marc Jacobs Instamarc Contour Palette or My First Time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Outfits Part 1

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine