Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Original vs Rose and Lavender

Loads and loads of you probably know that I'm a Liz Earle lover, pretty much everything skincare wise I own is Liz Earle, along with Lush. I've been using Liz Earle for years, especially the Cleanser. 



Firstly Liz Earle has been a round for over 20 years now which is crazy, and was developed on the Isle of Wight ... I guess this could be why I have such a soft spot for this brand but anyway...

Lets start with the original cleanser, this contains Cocoa Butter to melt away makeup, Rosemary oil to tone, Chamomile to soften and Eucalyptus to purify. The scent of the original is amazing, it smells of a spa, and instantly relaxes you. When buying this it can be bought with muslin cloths or without. I now prefer to just use a flannel. I find the wear of muslins don't really last very long, and soften quickly (ok, I completely ignore the 'wash at 30 and don't use fabric softener' rule) but still after a few uses the muslins are a bit 'meh'. You apply this product to dry skin and wash off with warm water but whatever you do, do not wet your face first then apply the product, otherwise the product won’t really work. The Cleanse and Polish is very effective at taking off make-up. However Mascara can be a bit iffy. I honestly think this depends on the brand of mascara, some come off like a dream and others not quite so much.


Now I'm going to be honest; the original used to work so well with my skin, and then it just made it extremely sore, bumpy and spotty I can't decide if I had been using the product for too long, or whether my skin just decided that it didn't like the Cleanse and Polish anymore. Having said this I would definitely recommend this to oily and normal skin types. It does cleanse the skin extremely well; it also brightens the skin up beautifully (thanks to the flannel/muslin).

Now moving on to the Rose and Lavender Cleanse and Polish. I love this cleanser so much; I prefer it way more to the original. Yes it does exactly the same as the original it just doesn't contain Eucalyptus. The Cocoa butter, Rosemary and Chamomile to soothe and tone are still there, you just don't have an active ingredient to purify. However I have found with the added Rose and Lavender the product helps to reduce redness in the skin, personally I find it much more gentle than the original, but is still just as effective as the original. I would say if you have more sensitive skin to head for the Rose and Lavender, it just seems a lot more smoothing than the Original Cleanser (Something I've learnt from experience). In terms of texture, I would definitely say the original is more creamy and the Rose and Lavender is slightly wetter?!

Left - Rose and Lavender Right - Original 
One thing that is must with this product is to use either muslin cloth or a flannel. They remove the product far better than cotton pads, cotton pads seem to glide over the product rather than remove the product. Also don't forget to wash your cloth regularly - that cloth collects all your day-to-day grime, product build up and dead skin cells.

Have you tried Liz Earle before? If so let me know your thoughts!


(also it was super hard to not continuously write ‘Rosie’ when talking about the Rose and Lavender Cleanser.)

Until next time!
Rosie 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1