My Current Thoughts on the Blogging World

Let's all be extremely honest, I hardly ever post anymore, and you know what?! It's kind of annoying. Because when I started blogging 2 years ago it gave me so much excitement. And now I don't even know what to blog about. I absolutely love taking pictures it's my by far my favourite part of making a blog post, and I think now, I tend to just post on Instagram because photography is more my thing.

The other day a girl went to me 'I don't even get why people blog, it's so pointless' she also asked me why I blogged, and at the time I was like um. And annoyingly I knew the answer but I didn't say anything. So now I'm going to say it, I initially set up my blog because I was studying theatrical makeup at university and obviously to build up my kit I would then need to buy products and I thought people could really benefit from knowing a little more about these products, so Ohhsorosie was born. But now, working full time I don't really do makeup anymore, and let's be honest no average girl needs 6 highlights in her makeup bag. I just thought it's a kind of an expensive throw away industry, honestly I have so many lipsticks which I wear and love but I definitely know are past their sell by date. I also hate every single blogger pushing post after post on Twitter (I'm totally guilty of this too). But I also feel like I've grown out of review after review, although I still do love talking about my beauty collection on YouTube... Maybe I think more of my character comes across on YouTube? I don't know.

And now I'm at a point where I still really want to blog but I just don't know what about, I'm the kind of girl who can't blog about coffee because she doesn't like coffee. I adore fashion but let's be honest if you're not buying the lastest drop from missguided it's almost like 'do you even fashion blog though'. 

I've thought about dabbling in lifestyle, but what can a girl say when she works in retail and chows the chocolate on her break instead of channeling her inner peace over a chia tea. 

I guess I'm on a bit of a trip to discover what I love, and also build up the courage to take a million pictures of my food with out other diners being like wtf is that girl doing?!

I think perhaps I need to put a plan in place on what I want to blog about and a time span on what it is I want to achieve. 

Rosie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Outfits Part 1

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine