The Body Shop Drops of Youth - Youth Liquid Peel

The Body Shop Drops of Youth Liquid Peel

I remember way back in the winter when I brought something from The Body Shop and the lady tried to sell me the Youth Liquid Peel. She demo-ed it on my somewhat reluctant hand. I have to say after the demo I was quite intrigued, the product makes clumps of dead skin on the surface of your skin and my hand did definitely feel softer. The lady in the shop kind of said it was an exfoliator and in a way I guess it is. 
Product clumping

Anyway, well over a month ago I dragged my boyfriend into The Body Shop and then remembered about this product and showed him it, we both wondered whether it was just a massive gimmick. Like if they put high amounts of alcohol in the product and this evaporated quicker than the rest, you would be left with little clumps of product. We decided to bite the bullet and buy it and see what happened.

Now, I'm still in two minds whether this is a gimmicky product. Tristan used it on his nose the other day and the colour of the peel went a lovely dirty grey odour, so to me that must work right?! I've used it on my face once a week, and it's quite interesting and some places do definitely create more clumps like on the jawline and on my forehead. So I do think it does it job, but....

Two full pumps as instructed

I do have a few issues with this product, using two full pumps like instructed to on the back of the product is a hell of a lot product. It's like loads. And if you're using this 2-3 times a week, again like instructed on the back of the product, this isn't necessarily cost friendly. On the front of the product it says 'with 3 plant stem cells Edelweiss from Italian Alps, Sea Holly & Criste Marine from the Brittany Coast'. Now on the ingredient list they've kept it all scientific and haven't put in bracket these plant cells as their normal name which makes it difficult to see how far up the list these three ingredients are. On the bottle it doesn't actually say what the plant cells do. For me I like to know why things have been put into a product. 

The Body Shop Liquid Youth Peel

The cost of this is £18.00 which isn't too bad, but then again I would imagine if you're using it as instructed this would only last you a matter of weeks. 

I do think this product works, but I also think it's one of those examples of 'people like to see dirt or excess to believe a product is working' ( similar to shower gels massively foaming to make you think you're getting super clean when in reality all those foamy bubbles are actually drying the skin), which is why I'm in two minds with this product.

Have you tried this product? What did you think of it? Let me know! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Outfits Part 1

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine