MOTD and products used.

Hi Everyone I thought Id do a Make up of the day, and show you some of the products I use on a regular and not so regular basis. I'm also going to rate the products out of 10.

Close up of eyes and contouring


So these are majority of products used (bar brushes and one of my broken blushers) sorry for rubbish photo iPhones ay? 

These 3 are my go to products for eyes.

Products - Skin Based


Illamasqua Hydraveil (black pot image below) Its in lots of my posts and it just helps hydrate and set the skin up for makeup. I love it, and I do get compliments when I wear it so it must be good. 10/10

Maybelline Baby Skin - Instant pore eraser? hmm I didn't hold out much hope for this product as I didn't really like the Baby Lips Maybelline bought out a while back. I actually think this product is pretty good and you get quite a bit for the money you pay. I think it does help smooth skin ready for foundation. 6/10

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum - its not to thick, but can be built up. Which is what I love about this product. 8/10

Benefit High Beam - This has lasted me forever, I have gone off it a little bit since buying it but I think this is because Ive had it for a while, but I love using this for nights out. 7/10

Benefit Benetint - It doesn't really show through in the pictures but this gives a lovely wash to the cheeks, just blend it quickly! 6/10

Illamasqua blusher in disobey - unfortunately this blusher is broken into lots of bits and I tend to keep it where it lives to save product waste, this is such a good product for contouring, I believe Illamasqua has discontinued it though. :( 8/10

These products are a mix of going out products and daily products. I normally keep my Hydra veil for special occasions, and I rarely use High beam on a daily basis.

Eye products

Body Shop Eyebrow Palette (Silver compact)  I use this daily, with a mix of pencil, this helps there's two colours which I mix together as I find one to dark and the other to light. 5/10

Mac Palette - I love this palette, I use the majority of the colours, For this look I used the lightest base colour called Brule (1), and then used darker shades called Kid (2), Cork(3) and Mulch(4). My Mac palette I normally save for nights outs and special occasions 7/10



Urban Decay palette - This is my everyday go to palette without fail, for today's look I used Trick, dark side and Black heart. All colours are well pigmented and extremely versatile. (see image above) 10/10

Autograph Gel Liner (Marks and Spencer's) - Super creamy and easy to apply. 9/10

Eylure Lashes - Staple part to any dramatic look, Id be lost without these beauties. The ones i use are 155's but there are loads of styles to choose from! 9/10

Bourjois 1 Second Volume - This is new and I'm still testing this out to decide if I like it! 5/10




Today I decided to apply my foundation last, if I ever do a heavy look, I apply foundation to my forehead and eyes. I then powder and work on my eye makeup. If there is any eye shadow dusting on  my cheeks or under my eyes, I'm able to wipe this away before I apply my base, thus getting a clean application.


What are your go to products? Let me know.

Rosie xx

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram

Comments

  1. I actually really like my baby lips lip balm, it's one of my favourites and i was going to invest in the pore cream as well but i've not really heard a good thing about them yet.

    Hayley \\ http://PocketN0tes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I just felt like they were over priced for what you got - bright packaging and an average lip balm which I probably could get for 99p x

      Delete
    2. i'm really fussy with my lip balms because more often than not i find that they just make my lips peel and this for me is minimal with baby lips ... but i did get it free with a 3 for 2 offer when buying other products for a friends birthday so i suppose i love it more because it was free.

      Delete
  2. Love the liner!!

    chelseapostsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love the eyeliner. I always forget about High Beam, I'll have to dig it out!

    Hetty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you hun! I know its a bit like a forgotten treasure sometimes! xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish they looked like this all the time! haha

      xx

      Delete
  5. Love this post! its so nice to see what you love to use on a everyday basis

    Charlotte // www.charlottesamantha.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this look, have to agree your eyes look amazing, need to practice with that myself. Also your hair has so much volume, envy!

    Also love the way you itemised this post, good to see individual review numbers on products.

    x Claire
    http://rosehq.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I use batiste plumping powder does wonders to my hair ;) normally its flat as a pancake! xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1