Marc Jacobs Beauty #Instamarc Contour Palette

Recently I took a trip to Nice, France and obviously popped into Sephora, and I flew over to the Marc Jacobs counter. As it was my first day there I didn't buy anything as I didn't really want to be out of spending money.

Marc Jacobs Beauty #instamarc Dream Filter


But... 





I went back on my last day to pick it up and thankfully they had one contour kit in my shade left; Dream Filter which is a soft pink/medium matte bronze shade. I have been dying to try Marc Jacobs Beauty since it launched, and I'm going to be honest; I'm a bit of a cheap skate on postage. I know Marc Jacobs Beauty is being sold in Selfridges now which is handy... If I'm ever in London. 


To start with, the colour of the contour shade is amazing. Dream Filter is the lightest shade. But thanks to its creamy texture makes it so buildable which for a contour product is great. You can easily achieve a day to day look, but also build it up too something slightly more dramatic for nights out. The powder feels creamy to touch and blends in beautifully. The pan is lovely and big (9g) so you can get a fairly big brush onto the pan. I love that Marc Jacobs Beauty have popped a handy 'how to' guide in for natural to night out contour looks for people who are unsure on how to use the product.

Marc Jacobs Beauty #instamarc

The highlight...  With this I haven't fallen in love with it as much as the contour shade. The shade is matte but I can't work whether my skin is just so pale that the highlight doesn't show up or if it's meant to be used for more of a setting powder?! I think the matte highlight shade will come in handy at some point but I think I'm more of a shimmer, disco ball highlight kinda girl right now. 


In terms of sizing, I'll be honest this palette is pretty huge for what it is.. There is a lot of excess space. But it's great that you can use any brush on the pan, large fan brushes to normal blusher brushes you name it, it'll fit. And with a total of 18g that's seems quite good to me. The plus to this large sized product is that the mirror inside is very ample. Although it is very large it is quite thin. So it would slip in to a hand bag nicely with out to much bulk.


Marc Jacobs Beauty #instamarc Dream Filter


Have you tried any Marc Jacobs Beauty products? if so let me know!

Rosie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Outfits Part 1

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine