L'oreal Paris Paradise Extatic

So I drafted this post up before L’Oreal’s views on ‘diversity’ were released via a tweet to the world. I did think that perhaps I wouldn’t review this product because I don’t agree with the way that L’Oreal has handled the situation with sacking their first transgender model; Munroe Bergdorf. However, I will still be reviewing this product, because as a product it is worth reviewing. 


For the last year I have been pretty loyal to Maybelline's Lash Sensation. Which, I still do love. However when my last Lash Sensation was getting a bit dry and old, I thought it would be time for something new.

So, Say hello to Paradise Extatic. L’Oreal’s new mascara on the make up aisle.

In all honesty the last thing on my mind was that it was rose gold packaging. I had seen a few good reviews and comments about Paradise Extatic and thought I'd give it a go. 

This mascara is a lengthening and volumizing mascara, where as my beloved Lash Sensation helped to curl my lashes. Paradise Extatic most definitely lengthens and adds volume. With one coat doing a pretty good job on its own. Two coats, is pretty amazing. Three coats, I think is, perhaps a little clumpy.
One Coat

Coat 2

Coat 3
The brush is a bristle brush something, which I do quite like with a mascara. Plastic bristles are all well and good but you can’t beat a bristle brush. The brush is slightly concaved which helps coat all the lashes. Catching all the smaller ones but also enabling the outer lashes to get a good coating of product. I am a big fan of this brush, its easy to use when in a rush, but equally as good to use when you want to take your time over your application.

Concave brush
The formula is ultra smooth and easy to apply, with no clumps, it also doesn't flake through out the day – which is a god send as I often find it difficult to find mascaras that do not flake or transfer. Paradise Extatic, tends to melt away quite easily when removed. The Mascara also contains castor oil, which helps to soften the lashes as well.

The only niggle with this mascara is the price. We all know that L'Oreal is at the higher end of high street. Full price for Paradise Extatic is going to be £11.99 something which I find a little steep for a high-street brand. However I got this for £9.99 as an introductory offer.

 When it comes to re-purchasing. I do feel bad because, firstly Im raving about a product that I know full well is tested on animals (And whilst alot of my makeup is tested on animals I do want a cosmetic bag free from animal testing). And secondly I feel if I re-brought this product I would be supporting LOreals uneducated views on diversity. I guess a re-purchase of this would come down to morals. If this was based on product alone I probably would re-purchase it, but based on the brands ethics I wouldn't feel happy re-purchasing this. 

Have you tried this mascara? If so what did you think? 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holiday Outfits Part 1

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine