Birchbox First Impressions

Through out May, Birchbox has been popping up on numerous occasions, and with the thought of trying a new beauty box at the forefront of my mind, I felt birch box would be perfect to try. 

I know, I know this is May's beauty box, but the 'free your mind' theme seemed too good not to miss, and I literally purchased the May box on pay day. 


Now Im going to do a first impressions of my whole experience so you people reading at home (if anyone actually read my blog posts) and you're considering getting a Birchbox subscription keep reading....

Upon registering Birchbox ask you a number of different questions about your self, for example 'what colour is your hair, skin tone and eyes?'. The questions get slightly more personal preference  towards the end, such as 'Would you like natural products in your Birchbox? 'How much do you like trying new makeup products?'  I thought this was really handy as you can kind of adjust the box to what you want. 

Now I don't know if this was because Birchbox was on the cusp of a change over in the box, but my order was in 'processing' forever and a day. That or I'm super duper impatient. And then I had to choose June's box, so I figured that when I did get my Birchbox it would be June edition. Anyway I ended up with May's. Which is fine as this is what I ordered. But none the less, confusing!

Seeing the little box of joy on my doorstep filled my heart with joy. It was smaller than I was expecting compared to other Beauty boxes I've had in the past... 

On to the opening, I am really excited to decorate my box, and it was lovely that Birchbox put in little pencils to colour your box in with, but here is were I got even more confused. Birchbox had a massive thing with Wah London Nails, and I had to choose what Wah product I would like in my box,  but there was nothing to do with Wah London in the box. I don't know if there was some small print that I missed in which it was only meant for certain subscribers or what? So this annoyed me a little.

But none the less on to the rest of the box.


1.Nude ProGenius Treatment oil. £58
I'm excited to try this, designed for normal to dry skin this promises a beautiful dewy complexion. It seems packed with good stuff with no parabens, or nasties which is always a bonus.


2. Caudalie VinoPerfect  Radiance Tinted moisturiser £27
Ive tried this on the back of my hand and I'm already in love, this will be perfect for the get up and go days, and has an SPF of 20, so coming into the summer months at least I will have a little bit of protection from the sun! 


3. Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser £15.50
 I use this daily and love it, so its handy to have a baby cleanser if I ever go away for a few nights.


4. Parlor by Jeff Chastain Moisturising Sea Salt Spray £17
I love hair products, so I'm sure this will be a winner for me.


5. Jelly Pong Pong Caribbean Sun Bronzer Duo £15.95
I've never tried this brand before, so I am intrigued to try this out.


6. Lola Barcelona in Ramble £7.50
This is a birch box exclusive and I love the colour, I think once I've achieved a tan this colour will look perfect on my finger tips!


7. Number 4  Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing Masque £36
Again hair products are a favourite of mine especially if they are going to help nourish my locks. This is infused with Moisture and proteins, so will hopefully make my hair lovely and flowly.


8. Colouring Pencils, these are to colour and design your own box, which is a nice touch. I do think I might get my watercolours on the box though!

Over all this is a great idea and for £10 plus your P&P you get a lot for your money,  I have received good sized samples and have got my monies worth. I am going to subscribe for a couple of months to see what else Birchbox has to offer!

Do you receive Birchbox? I would love to know what you think of yours.

Rosie 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1