New Year, New Self Improvement Project

I'm not massive on the 'New Year, New Me' shit that goes around on my Facebook. But this year I feel like I've fallen in to that a category a little. But looking at the whole 'New Year, New Me' thing, I do stand by the fact that you can't simply be a new you, because you are you. I like to think of new years as a 'New year, new self improvement project'.


I want to actually do things this year and achieve something, I mean we all say that we are going to join a gym and then become a super fit person, but who actually does this?

However this year, I want to make life easier and less stressful. Firstly I really need to finish reading my book on hygge, cuz I like the idea of having a Hygge lifestyle. From what I have read so far from ' The Little Book Of Hygge'  by Meik Wiking I kind of feel that I already have it half down thanks to my mum and her ability to light a room in a hygge-ish way. I haven't finished the book yet but I love the idea of it, and I think surprisingly I do some things in Hygge way.

I am also I'm going to stick to my fuck budget which I made a little while ago, it is currently scribbled in a random notebook. For those that don't know there is a book called 'The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck'*. I originally bought the book way back in the summer but I recently received the Christmas Version, I gave my first copy to my brother to flick through, because lets be honest we could all do with giving a lot less fucks than we do. I'm not sure if I will share my 'Fuck Budget' on my blog just yet, as firstly the whole world doesn't need know my Fuck Budget and secondly, I feel like my Fuck Budget would need to be pinned to a wall, not written on a blog post, I mean I can do both, but I don't tend to read my blogs.

This  book is for pretty much everyone! I found it super helpful if I was over-thinking things, or worrying about things and this book seriously keeps me in check! It kind of brings you back down to earth when you've got yourself in a tizz over something. I love that in The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a Fuck there is a traffic light threat level system in which the level of fucks get harder (yellow being the easiest fucks to stop giving) with things like that in the book it honestly makes life 100x clearer and you the book basically lays everything out in simple steps! If you want a more in depth review, holly and I'll get one up! 


Other than this I really want to focus my attention on to my blog, as finally after 2 years I'm out of a job which kind of stopped me from blogging, and since leaving said job, I have found I have more time and energy to blog (I really hope this motivation stays with me!). Although I would like to steer my blog on to other things other than beauty, but we shall see how that goes.

I want to stop stressing the small things, this is probably were a good old fuck budget would come into play.

Social Media. Ah. Now I always all say that I'm going to use it less and all that non-sense, but as soon as I utter those words I can guarantee that I'll be twice as bad. So I'm not saying I'm going to stop scrolling as much but what I do want to do for 2017 is to stop sweating about followers. They come and go, and the land of social media can be a fickle place. You win some you lose some, but eventually the right followings will come, and I think that is what I'm going to stand by this year.

And finally Im going to spend time on doing things which make me happy, starting up old hobbies, and using my time more wisely. None of this is going to happen over night, but as 2017 goes on I would like to think that I am achieving things which make me happier.


What are your 2017 goals? Tweet me or comment below!

Also I'm running a super amazing giveaway over on my blog which is running until 16th of Jan so make sure you check it out here!


Rosie 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1