Top 3 Summer Foundations

Hi Guys and Gals! I don't know about you but in the summer I normally have to change my foundation to suit my tanned skin (aha Im such a positive thinker)  However in the heat of the summer months, I change my foundations to lighter formulas so I don't look like a sweaty mess and if I get than beautiful tan Im not plastering on the make up which then covers or 'oranges' up my complexion. So take a look at my top 3 picks for summer foundations! (I know theres four products in the picture but bear with!)


Mac Face and Body

Why?
Because this foundation has a lovely light coverage, you don't necessarily need lots of brushes to make this foundation look amazing, infact I would say applying it with fingers and then using a duo fibre brush to finish off is the best way but even then fingers will do. Don't go near a flat foundation brush with this as you get lots of brush lines. It gives a lovely dewy natural finish and lasts for a good long while, I like to use this as when I'm tanned as my face just cannot take lots of make up so this is perfect for everyday summer use. Be warned, this product is very runny, but if you put a little in your palm and mix it then it does thicken slightly or if you still think 'oh god this is like water', I would suggest you take the lid off over night and it will thicken up. Promise! This is foundation does not have SPF in it, so pack your sun cream girls and boys ( however a plus side you don't get flash back from cameras)! I have C1 and C6 so I mix up what I need depending on my tan however if you pop into mac they will give you the correct shade, Mac face and Body is easily build able if you feel like you need more coverage. Mac Face and Body retails at £21.50 which can be found here for a 50ml. 

Mac Face and Body


Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

Why?

This foundation has a light - medium coverage it says it lasts for 16 hours, I can't vouch and say it does because I'm not even sure I have make up on for a full 16 hours, but it does last a full working day. This foundation lets my skin breath, I don't get the feeling that I'm plastered in makeup. The finish to this foundation is kind of a satin finish not quite matte not quite dewy. I always get compliments when I wear this foundation and I think in summer this would be great for an evening foundation or if I'm out on an important day. Its great to mix in with Mac's Face and Body as well. Again this does not contain SPF but will photograph well. I currently wear no 52 but would go up to no53 for summer. Retails at  £10.99 which can be found here.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum

No7 Tinted Moisturiser 

Why?
Its great for all skin types, helps hydrate and has a 15SPF so whats not too love already? I use this if Im feeling like I don't want to wear make up but I have to. The moisturiser has a lovely coloured tint to it which lasts all day, I think this is my security blanket as although this is a tinted moisturiser I feel like because there is colour in it, my day will be ok! This is great for days out and about as you are protected from the sun if you forget your factor 50! This shade is in 'Fair' but its slightly dark for my untanned skin colour so this will be perfect when I am eventually tanned. Retailed at £12.00 which can be found here. (I really need to re stock on this bad boy)


No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser




What are your summer favourites? I would love to know so leave a comment below! 

Rosie 
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1