Mac's Red Balloon Lipstick


After what seemed like years of working on my dissertation it was finally complete, and to celebrate I headed down to Mac Brighton to purchase a new shade of lippy I had been dying for.


Recently Mac have bought out their Playland collection, a fun packed fantasy themed collection, in a variety of bright shades. With a mix of lipsticks, lip glasses, multi use casual colours, pigments and pencils, there is a lot to choose from. 


Now I'm not even too sure what made me want to buy 'Red Balloon' so much, the actual shade of the lipstick; a hot fuchsia. Or the name of the product silly I know, but I think the name really swung it for me. I was imagining lots of red balloons in the sky floating off in a light breeze; yes I daydream a lot (don't burst my balloon and tell it will pop after 10 minutes in the sky!) 


Anyway on with the post, Red Balloon lipstick is an amplified creme mac lipstick; for those of you who are un-sure to what amplified creme means, it is basically an uber creamy lipstick with lots of pigment and has a hint of gloss to it. 


I love this lipstick, I was heavily swung by the name, and I got home and did think to myself, this doesn't look like a red balloon, but the shade of the colour, is incredible. I’m loving it more and more every time I look at it. 


This is my first amplified creme lipstick from Mac and I will definitely be purchasing more amplified creme shades. The colour pay off you get is something which you would normally compare to a Matte lipstick, but the bonus with this lipstick is that it doesn't dry out my lips and I think it could be quite easily be wearable day and night. There is a slight gloss to it, but its quite subtle. I would say this lipstick lasts for a couple of hours.


I have fallen head over heels with this product, and this it is now my favourite Mac lipstick I own and its a beaut shade for summer. It's such a shame that this lippy is limited edition as it's such a lovely colour, I think someone may have to stock up! 

You can have a look at the lipstick here or pop to your local Mac Store.

Have you tried any of Mac's Playland Collection? If so let me know.

Rosie

Bloglovin | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1