Maybelline Baby Skin Primer

Okay, Im a bit late with this one, but I picked this up in a 3 for 2 a while back and it was the product which I got to make up to 3 because I couldn't decide what I wanted. I had heard it could be a potential dupe for Benefit's Professional, being the poor student I was I thought yes Ive found a keeper (Until the Benefit freebies came out in the June magazines!). And as I hadn't particularly liked the 'Baby Lips' I thought I would give this a try to change my views on the range. 

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser

So I have used this a few times. I say a few I've owned this for well over a couple months and I don't know its seems to work for a bit but then not work, my pores aren't overly big or anything so its not a major issue for them to be erased. But it is nice to have a good base to start foundation off with. It does smooth out skin, but not to the extent of flawless, but I'm not 100% it helps my make up stay in place any longer than other primers, nor does it particularly extend my make up wear compared to if I wasn't wearing a primer (if that makes sense). 


The feel of this primer is strange, I don't use a lot, but it just seems to spread everywhere and never end, it has a greasy feel to it, whereas all my other primers seem to dissolve away (in a good way) and sink into my skin but this just seems to sit on top of my skin. It is translucent and does look quite thick, but then it becomes very thin once you touch it.


Maybelline Baby Skin

I have looked at both Maybellines Baby Skin and Benefits Porefessional ingredients and the benefit primer contains this; cyclopentasiloxane - some thing which the Baby skin primer does not have this may explain why its not quite pore refining as it is missing a silicone 'thing' out of it.


Im not 100% sure on the packaging, its an attempt to be fun yes, but for someone in their 20s, I feel a bit silly whacking this out. I think this primer is great if you're on a budget, and in a rush maybe, but if I'm honest I think this is a good 'first primer' aimed for teens (this was probably Maybelline's intentions but anyway).


Ruined her sunbathing 

I would probably take this primer on holiday as if I lost it I wouldn't be distraught or you know when your are like ah my baggage is over what can I part with, yeah this would be part of that selection.


Have you tried the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer  if so please do let me know by tweeting me @OhhSoRosie or commenting below. If you fancy seeing what I get up to daily check out my Instagram here and Bloglovin page here.

Rosie 

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1