Mac Russian Red

Mac Russian Red is a personal favourite of mine, it is such a lovely bright, classic red. As this has blue undertones to it, it suits the majority of skin tones.

 Although its a matte lipstick it is a dream to apply, I have lady danger (orangy red) which is also  matte and I sometimes struggle to apply it and always have to use a lip brush. However with Russian Red I don't have this issue, I can use it straight from the tube or apply it with a lip brush. Its highly pigmented and can be easily built up or dressed down with a mix of lip balm. 

The best part about this lipstick is that it does not bleed or feather so you can get away with not using a lip pencil, however if you want a completely polished look I would suggest getting one. The colour lasts for a good while... until you eat food and then you will have to re apply, however I only tend to top it up every 4 hours (ish).

If you are looking to invest in a classic red lipstick, Russian Red will more than likely fit the bill. Yes it is expensive but a girl has got to have a few expensive lipsticks in her collection!  I have found it hard to find a dupe for this so if there is one out there let me know so I can check them out.


This lipstick looks great with a simple flick of eyeliner and light eyes or go full out glam with smokey eyes and this beautiful red lipstick. Below I have opted for a vintage feel. 


As with most matte lipsticks they can a tad drying, I do not really find I get dried out lips from this, but I couldn't wear it day after day. If you have slightly dry lips I would suggest exfoliating them with either a dry toothbrush or Lush lip Scrub in Popcorn flavour (which is amazing!) and applying something like carmex to the lips. Do this when you are moisturising and prepping the skin for foundation so the Lipbalm has a chance to sink in to the skin and start working its magic! 


Top tip - apply a brightening concealer round the edge of lips to make that gorgeous red lip stand out! To deepen and add a dramatic feel to the lip apply a darker colour to the corners of the lips and blend in to the lip colour.

Have you tried Macs Russian Red or any other mac lipsticks? Let me know by tweeting me @OhhSoRosie or commenting below I really want to give Mac's Lady Bug a whirl!

If you fancy seeing what I get up to daily check out my Instagram here and Bloglovin page here.
Rosie 
xx







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Charlotte Tilbury Magic Away Concealer Review

Instagram 2015 best nine

Holiday Outfits Part 1